2009年2月19日 星期四

Book Review---PS I Love You

A touching, heart-warming story of grief, its many stages and how the one you love the most can prepare you for life after they’re gone.

Oh my word, I loved this book.This book would be good to read if you have lost someone you love. When I read it that let me thought my mom. My mom who lost her husband and was not only faced with finding a life without her beloved husband, but also faces problems dealing with her three daughters, whose lives also must go on. So, when I was young I always saw my mom cried at night especially during the Chinese New Year’s Eve that everyone had to have a family dinner. On that day I knew she missed my dad very much… I thought I could understand Holly…
Anyway, I really enjoyed the characters and the steady way that the plot builds. It was so endearing to see the ways in which Gerry’s notes helped Holly to be brave and encouraged her to have fun, and to even go shopping!
I as it carrys you through the grieving process through the life of Holly who loses her husband Gerry far too young. Even though Gerry has passed away, he planned a year of notes to help his wife learn how to live and love and laugh...even though she had to learn how to do it without him. This book will make you want to grasp hold of those little lovely moments, love the people in your life even more, and live. Everyone should read this book

I know this book has also been made into a movie but they changed the story and characters around.....her Mother they make out to be something different from the book. They change how she gets the letters and leave out what I think are important characters. Because the movie changed so much of the book that my friends recommend me should buy this book to read I will say I like both of them.

Finally, I think Cecelia Ahern is truly talented, and I will be reading more from this author.

沒有留言:

張貼留言