2009年7月28日 星期二

Gossip Girl

I don't have time to watch TV.
But......I spend all day long watching TV on my summer vacation. What is my favorite programs? Hmmmm... I think it's idol drama. I know I am so childish...
Grow up!? I don't know...It's me! Ok, that's talk about "Gossip Girl".

Gossip Girl is based around the set of books by the same name.
The show revolves around the lives of socialite young adults growing up on New York's Upper East Side. They attend elite academic institutions while dealing with sex, drugs, and your basic fun, dramatic, dangerous teenage issues.

Featuring an ensemble cast, the series mainly centers around the lives of former best friends, Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) and Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester). These two share a love interests in Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford).
As outsiders looking in, Dan (Penn Badgley) and Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen) don't run in the same social or financial circles as their peers - but are drawn into their lives nonetheless. If that sounds similar to The OC, you won't be surprised to learn that OC creator Josh Schwartz is also behind Gossip Girl.

I know someone say...."Don't let your kids watch this........."
They say... Many teenage girls are watching this show and getting the wrong ideas about life from it. This show is so trashy, even the commercials are filled with stuff. There is no way shows like this can have a positive effect on teenagers.
But,the show also touches on a lot of things that happen in real life: Eating Disorders, Partying, Drugs, Drinking, Sex. All of it happens. We can understand what the teenagers are thinking. You will know they use cell phone and blog very often. There are parts of their life.
I'm not one of those girls that likes fashion shows and chick-flicks, yet I love this show.
I just love this show for that characters... I think Serena who is very beautiful and sexy!!
Do you know what the "XOXO" mean? Hugs and Kisses.

沒有留言:

張貼留言