2009年11月18日 星期三

Business English Conversation....


Emma (operator): Lung Wa International. May I help you?
Amber (Terry’s secretary): This is Amber speaking. Could you connect me to extension number 911?
Emma (operator): He is at a meeting now. Do you want me to transfer the phone to his assistant?
Amber (Terry’s secretary): Yes, please.
Emma (operator): Please hold on a second.
Ann (assistant): Hi, This is Ann speaking.
Amber (Terry’s secretary): Hi, This is Amber. My boss Mr. Terry would like to have an appointment with your manager Ken this Friday evening. Is he available on that time
Ann (assistant): Sorry, but he is not available. May we change another time for the meeting? How about next Monday afternoon?
Amber (Terry’s secretary): Sure! What time?
Ann (assistant): He is in the office at 3pm next Monday.
Amber (Terry’s secretary): No problem. My boss Terry will be there on time.
*** In Mr. Ken’s office***
Terry: Hi. I am Terry Chang, the sales manager. Nice to meet you.
Ken: Nice to meet you, too. How did you have the opportunity to come to Taiwan?
Terry: Well, I am on a business trip, visiting clients here and there.
Ken: How long are you staying in Taiwan for?
Terry: I am planning to visit all the clients, do some sight-seeing then return back to my country.
Ken: Are you familiar with Taiwan?
Terry: Not really but I have done some research on the internet before I came, so it should be ok.
Ken: If you need any help just let me know.
Terry: That's very polite of you! Thank you.
Ken: Oh yes! I heard that you've got some newly products?
Terry: Yes that's right! That's what I came for. You see, this the latest cell phone model.
Ken: It certainly looks very sophisticated.

*** After their meeting***

Ken: By the way, are you free tonight? How about having a dinner together?
Terry: Wow, that sounds great! Uhh…I think I have something else to do.
Ken: How about this weekend?
Terry: Let me check my schedule… Saturday night?
Ken: Sure, no problem. I’ll send a car to pick you up at seven and wait for you at the restaurant.
Terry: Ok! Thank you!

沒有留言:

張貼留言