2009年6月15日 星期一

Simpsons Movie Comment


I thought the movie was very funny. Although I have not watched the series before but I still enjoyed it. And I was laughing throughout the movie. I thought the Simpsons movie wants to convey four issues:

First, this movie wants to entertain audience in an ironic way. The opening showed that Homer said “ I can’t believe we’re paying to see something we get on TV for free. IF you ask me, everybody in this theater is a giant sucker.” And they mocked some classic movies, such as Titanic. This opening it shows director that want to make a joke to movie industry

Second, this movie shows how people are really cold about others. Green Day has been playing for three and a half hours then they would like just a minute of time to say something about environment. At that time there is a deathly silence, followed by huge boos from springfieldians. They start throwing things at Green Day. This part present people are indifferent and don’t like to be lectured, they won’t care about anything unless it happens to themselves.

Next, it shows the decision process of the U.S government is so rough and it jokes about the voters. There are one plot about President Schwarzenegger that me.
When Russ Cargill wants the President Schwarzenegger to make a choice, then President Schwarzenegger doesn’t want to read them first and just pick.
And he says I was elected to “lead not to read.”…

The last, this movie shows the family relationship. Especially when Homer lay in the heart - shaped ice and then it breaks. After a strong struggle, he’s finally back to springfield. It presents he cared about his wife and his family. To sum up, this movie conveys issues about environment, family, movie industry, religion, and politic. Althouth these issues are very serious, the director uses the humor way to present his idea. I like the way it presents and I think the director and script writer are genius. We all know the pollution is very serious nowadays, but if someone wants you to see movie about environmental protection, will you choose the humor way like this movie or just like An Inconvenient Truth? My answer is the latter.

沒有留言:

張貼留言